I’ve noticed several bloggers have been doing Q&A posts recently, so I figured now is as good of a time as ever to answer some of those burning questions that I know are keeping you up at night!
1. How long have you been running and why/how did you start? I have been running for 4 years. The catalyst for my transition to a healthier lifestyle was seeing my fat arms in a picture that was taken from behind. Nevermind that I had a muffin top and needed to lose 15 pounds, I was worried about the arm fat! I started making healthier food choices almost immedately and started running with a Couch 2 5K program within a couple of weeks. I ditched C25K when I had to walk for 5 min after running 8. I figured it was easier to keep going….and I haven’t stopped since! (Except for the stupid ITB injury, but I’m not going to mention that)
2. Which Jen likes hills? And why do you name them? First, both Jens LOVE hills. (If you are unfamiliar, I have a split personality: Crazy Jen and Sane Jen) The bigger the hill, the better. And, for the record, I’ve only named one hill… I affectionately call my “go-to” hill “Old Friend”. (When I’m on my way to the hill, anway. When I am 3/4 of the way up Old Friend, I usually say words that I hope other people don’t hear.)
3. If you could live anywhere other than Texas, where would it be? I would not, could not live anywhere else. So, if living in another state is required, I respectfully request to be taken out to the back 40 and put down like a lame horse. Just make sure I’m buried in Texas!
4. What is this obsession with peanut butter? Peanut butter is quite possibly the most wonderful substance ever invented by man and is even better when paired with honey (God bless the bees!) I consumed an inhuman amount of PB & honey during marathon training. Even though I’m not 26.2 training these days, I still consume an inhuman amount of peanut butter. This has, no doubt, been a big contributor to the 4 extra pounds I’m carrying around these days.
5. If you’re from Texas, why the hell don’t you own cowboy boots?!?! I have owned cowboy boots, just not currently. Even though I AM a die-hard Texan, I don’t pull off the ‘cowgirl look’ very well. I can, however, pull off the ‘runner look’ without a hitch.
6. What do you have against summer sausage? Basically, if I have difficulty eating meat that has been ground up, mixed with mystery ingredients and shoved into a casing. I have a similar aversion to bologna, weiners and the like.
7. Why did you lock Crazy Jen up and throw away the key? Crazy Jen caused a hitch in my get-along during marathon training. Crazy Jen does things like: runs every long run at race pace, sets PBs during training, doesn’t strength train, doesn’t cross train, pushes through a run 6 miles after ITB starts hurting. Just to name a few… Let’s just hope I don’t lose my mind and go dig through the landfill to retrieve the key.
8. Are crazy cupcakes for Crazy Jen? Of course not!! All the Jens love all the cupcakes! However, even Crazy Jen would prefer to avoid another Caramel Crack Cupcake debacle.
9. What is it with the pink compression socks? There’s really no color better than hot pink. I do have to admit, it can be blinding, at times. Since compression socks are $50/pair, the pink ones were the only ones I owned, for a time (so naturally I always wore pink compression socks). Santa brought me some black ones, and I have to say that I really don’t like wearing black. I know my ninja brothers and sisters would disagree, but black is soooooo boring!
Yes, Coach Bounds RAN across the field when I came to stretch on the track after my run last August. And YES, I know he was making fun of me, but I really didn’t care 😉
Happy Friday, Happy Weekend, Happy Spring Break!